The Disciples of Light EU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lyane application

+3
Valestrion
Jeanpierre
Ye Olde Bennedict
7 posters

Go down

Lyane application Empty Lyane application

Post by Lyane ap Fri 7 Jan - 13:08

OOC information

Name: -

Experience with WoW: Phew, I've been playing for a long time. Let's start by saying that I knew the "lfg stratholme classrun" spam :p I've raided some in vanilla and in TBC, but laid low during WOTLK.
My lore knowledge is somewhat below average, I'd guess. I think that blizzard have twisted lore one time too many, so I've stopped trying to learn it all. I have got a good idea of the basics, and I consider myself well updated on server-specific lore.
Now, I've been roleplaying since I first ran into Stormwind and I have always strived to give roleplay priority even when I was activily raiding. Of guild experience, Lyane's been in The Dark Sphere, The Holy Lightbringers, Crimson Gauntlet (mostly a raiding guild with RP on the side). Others are too small/unknown to mention I'd wager. Know that I've done quite a bit of RP outside those guilds, however.

How did you hear of us?: Your reputation is not unknown and I got to talk a bit with Jeanpierre about getting this character into the guild, and he directed me to these boards.

Do you know anyone in the order already?: Aside from Jeanpierre, no. By reputation only, at the very least.

Hobbies: I'm a dedicated LARPer (Live Action Role Player), which means that in between sewing leather and arranging plots, I put on my some weird looking outfit and go out to beat other adults with large plastic weapon-replicas... (Always sound weird when you say it)
Other than that I've done D&D for just over ten years, mostly vanilla with Forgotten Realms (netherwinter nights, morrowwind, icewind dale, for those that know the computer versions), but I've tried Dark Heresy (warhammer 40k tabletop) aswell.
For just over a year I've thrown my love at the warhammer 40k game aswell.
On top of that comes world of warcraft, which mostly holds my attention because of roleplay these days.

Work/student/other: I study basic social science (Which is not sociology, but a mix of sociology, economics and politics, with politics in focus on my side).

Are you familiar with the Code of Conduct: Nope; Not beond reading it on the other board. Unless it differs radically from what is written there, however, my character would have no problem abiding by it.

What can you contribute with in the guild: Another roleplayer! I'm willing to match my concept with the Disciples and try to become as much an asset to the guild ICly as I can. I'm doing this in a hope that I can make up for my perhaps a little slight activity.

Your average online time: As I mentioned, I won't be the most active member. I'll try to be around for events and often enough to follow the plots I'm involved in, but I am almost certain that there are other things that will eat up my time like there was no tomorrow Smile

IC information

Character Name: Lyane (She's an orphan raised in Northshire, so she hasn't really got a last name)

Character Race: Human

Character Class: Warrior

Male/Female: Female

Birthplace: Unknown, but within the Stormwind realm. She was taken in by the clerics of Northshire and raised there, with the Chapter's uprising I'll have to get someone to confirm that it is possible to be raised by the normal tennets of the Holy Light or this'll have to change.

Age/DoB: Nope, I'm trying to rework this. She isn't old by any means.

We would benefit from knowing your language capabilities, strengths and weaknesses etc. Please write a short story or piece of text that either summarises your character, or shows of your writing at its best!

Short Piece of writing:
I'll just do it in a simple way:
Strengths: Dedication, loyality, faith
Weaknesses: she's naïve, emotional and quick to anger
general character concept: A simple girl being sucked into the terrors of war. From her safehaven in Northshire, she has been dragged through the mud, the pain and the horror of facing Man's enemies on the frontlines.
In her current story, her teacher was corrupted by the Sphere, which made her join in defiance (to great regret afterwards) and she got out with her soul intact only through a long plotline. After that she's been around different roleplay around different places before I kinda stopped playing her at all.
Important note: I am trying to and is willing to work on the concept to make it more interresting and give the character more depth. Right now her background story have been mostly things that happened in character, which makes it a mess, really.

Hope this is enough. I'll gladly answer questions and such Smile

Lyane ap

Back to top Go down

Lyane application Empty Re: Lyane application

Post by Ye Olde Bennedict Fri 7 Jan - 18:57

Get in the guild already!
Ye Olde Bennedict
Ye Olde Bennedict

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Fri 7 Jan - 20:39

*stamp of approval*
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre
Librarian

Back to top Go down

Post by Valestrion Sat 8 Jan - 2:38

Recruited and awaiting interview.

Valestrion

Back to top Go down

Post by Shariah Sat 8 Jan - 7:56

LARP:er I already like you!
Shariah
Shariah

https://disciplesoflight.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Sat 8 Jan - 10:40

Shariah wrote:LARP:er I already like you!

Oh oh. You better watch out now. Razz
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre
Librarian

Back to top Go down

Post by Venji Sat 8 Jan - 11:24

This looks great to me, however be careful , Shariah will pounce without warning.
Evil or Very Mad Come find someone when you want an interview!
Venji
Venji

Back to top Go down

Post by Shariah Sat 8 Jan - 12:42

Tss, I am not that mean!
Shariah
Shariah

https://disciplesoflight.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyane Wed 12 Jan - 8:25

Be that as it may, I've been recruited and interviewed etc.

But I havn't been given access to the boards! Shame on the person responsible! (you better start planning that pennance crusade *shakes fist*)

Lyane

Back to top Go down

Post by Venji Wed 12 Jan - 9:22

I believe that shall be Rentarns job is it not?
Venji
Venji

Back to top Go down

Post by Perturbo Wed 12 Jan - 11:23

Vale is moderator of recruit group.
Perturbo
Perturbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Valestrion Wed 12 Jan - 11:31

The usual way is to apply to join the Recruit Usergroup. However, on this occasion, I've just signed you up, Lyane.

Valestrion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyane Thu 13 Jan - 8:13

thank you :p

Lyane

Back to top Go down

Post by Perturbo Tue 18 Jan - 6:36

This can be locked since the person is in the guild.
Perturbo
Perturbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down