The Disciples of Light EU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Application: Drákkar

5 posters

Go down

Application: Drákkar Empty Application: Drákkar

Post by Drákkar Mon 17 Jan - 19:51

OOC information

Name: I doubt my real name matters. But I might tell if anyone wants to know.

Experience with WoW: "How long have you played? What do you know of Warcraft lore? Highest leveled character? Roleplay experience also.."

A couple of years ago, I played for a period of two months, during which I leveled a retribution paladin to level 64. Because I take PvP seriously, I did a lot of it at level 60.

About a month ago, I took up WoW again and started over. I chose the Paladin class this time also for a some reasons. One of those is the different roles a Paladin can fulfill if well played. At the moment, I am most experienced as a Holy Paladin, and am level 71. I have done a lot of Battlegrounds service, which has been very rewarding, since I normally make maximum amounts of honor points. Normally, I am number one on healing done, and I am very hard to kill because I have a lot of armor, health, and can heal myself at the same time as I heal others. Surpricingly and to my own amazement, I can still cause good damage using a /castsequence with Holy Shock and Exorcism as the main damage dealing spells. These are improved by the Blazing Light, Denounce, and Crusade talents, by my gear of course, and a spell crit chance of around 25%. My first priority is always to heal everyone around me. When I do not need to do that, I resort to battling the enemy myself.

As I said, I take the PvP aspect of WoW seriously, and aim to do a lot of arena fighting and rated battlegrounds. I hope to find like-minded disciples of Light that are dedicated to PvP.

I believe I know at least all the basics of WoW lore, as I have played and finnished all other Warcraft games. About Arthas for example, I know he was a human prince and paladin that succumbed to darkness, killed his father the king, joined the scourge, and became the Lich King. I think WoW lore is very interesting, and am open to learn more of it.

About roleplaying, I have played countless of computer rpgs, starting with Baldur's Gate and going through all other games by Black Isle for example, and I played tabletop roleplaying games with my friends a few times. Other than that however, I have not roleplayed much. But I think I can handle the basics of it, learn more, and find it entertaining and rewarding.

How did you hear of us?:

I heard from you through the trade channel.

Do you know anyone in the order already?:

No, I have only chatted briefly with Venjí and Bennedict.

Hobbies:

WoW, amongst other things.

Work/student/other:

I am currently studying Nature Science, and am aiming for a university degree in something like engineering, programming, or medicine. I have work experience in website developing, and digital film production, for example.

Are you familiar with the Code of Conduct:

I believe so, yes.

What can you contribute with in the guild:

Hopefully, I will be able to contribute well as both a roleplayer and dedicated PvPer. I will strive to help the guild, to complete my leveling and training, and quest for the best equipment.

Your average online time:

Since I started again a few weeks ago, I have played a lot, because I have been on vacation. Now I am starting to study again, but will probably spend much of my free time playing WoW and honing my skills.

IC information

Character Name: Drákkar. I do not have a title or last name yet. At level 60 I purchased the entire epic pvp set "Field Marshal's Aegis". I doubt it, but if owning that set means you can call yourself a Field Marshal, I guess that could be Drákkar's title.

Character Race:

Human.

Character Class:

Holy Paladin healer with a some tanking and dps capabilities.

Male/Female:

Male.

Birthplace:

Stormwind.

Age/DoB:

About the same as me irl. That is 28.

"We would benefit from knowing your language capabilities, strengths and weaknesses etc. Please write a short story or piece of text that either summarises your character, or shows of your writing at its best!"

My native tongue is Swedish. English is my second language.

Short Piece of writing [Optional]:

Drákkar was born in Stormwind. His father was a doctor, and his mother a nurse. Drakkar had a happy childhood, until he, as a boy, together with his parents, were ambushed, while traveling the countryside, by a pillaging band of horde criminals. Before his eyes, they murdered his father, raped his mother and then murdered her too, while laughing at him. They spared him and told him to return to Stormwind to tell everyone that all members of the pathetic Alliance will meet the same end as his parents, if they do not surrender into slavery. Alone, traumatized, and terrified, he wandered the wilds, and found his way to Ironforge, where he collapsed at the gates. The dwarf guards carried him to the priests, who healed him, and decided to have the guards lead him to the orphanage of Stormwind, next to the cathedral.

As he was raised and taken care of by the orphanage, his sorrow over the brutal and tragic murder of his parents soon turned into an intense longing for justice and vengeance. He was grateful to the followers of Light at the Cathedral of Light, who ran the orphanage and helped him. He decided he should repay them by becoming a paladin, and join into service in the King's Army. The paladins at the Cathedral saw his potential to become a good paladin, and welcomed him into training. From then on, he trained hard, and was eventually allowed to serve in the Army.

He started out as a paladin of retribution, and fought in countless of battles, with vengeance as the only thing on his mind. After seeing much death on the battlefields of Lordaeron, he one day realized that the true power of the Light, lay at its core, in what is holy. Which is its ability to heal and prevent death, and not only to heal himself, but to heal everyone fighting alongside him. From the on, he pursued the holy path instead. Avenging his parents and fallen friends, and the victory of justice and the Alliance, over the evil, malicious, and wicked Horde, however, are still on his mind to this day. Only the Light itself knows for how long it will be.

Drákkar

Back to top Go down

Application: Drákkar Empty Re: Application: Drákkar

Post by Perturbo Tue 18 Jan - 6:23

2 Things I noticed

Drákkar wrote:IC information

Character Name: Drákkar. I do not have a title or last name yet. At level 60 I purchased the entire epic pvp set "Field Marshal's Aegis". I doubt it, but if owning that set means you can call yourself a Field Marshal, I guess that could be Drákkar's title.

No you do not just need a title to buff up your character, and saying you're a field marshal out of nowhere will not go down well with the RP community. I'd avoid the set completly, every beginner RPer seems to grab the full set to make them seem pro. DoL actually use a few pieces for Ceremonial Occasions. Just wear simple gear normally is what I would say, being a novice in chraracter does not make you a bad guild member out of character, so you don't need to just make your character great at the start.

Drákkar wrote:Character Class:

Holy Paladin healer with a some tanking and dps capabilities.

You misunderstand, this was you're in character class, not OOC, so Paladin would do fine.
Perturbo
Perturbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ye Olde Bennedict Tue 18 Jan - 8:58

Don't worry too much about the armour bit, although if I were you I'd find myself a nice suitable unique armour set to your own liking (preferably avoiding the Field Marshal set, it's quite overused), since finding your own will make it more special to yourself.

About the title bit, I'm sure everyone would loooove to be able to be a great hero from the start, but (un)fortunately people won't really respect the title (or you), unless you actually make an effort in getting that title. - Such as leading IC campaigns, doing IC events and such.

Buuuut, don't let the above dishearten you. Everyone has to start somewhere, and joining The Disciples of Light is a brilliant choice (I'd think). Very Happy
Ye Olde Bennedict
Ye Olde Bennedict

Back to top Go down

Application: Drákkar Empty Titles

Post by Drákkar Tue 18 Jan - 11:48

Yes I know owning the Field Marshal's Aegis does not automatically make you a Field Marshal. Instead of saying "I doubt it", I should have said "I don't think so". I do not need or demand a title at all. I'll take whatever title the Guild Master sees fit, if any. At the moment I wear all the best armor and gear honor points can buy at level 70. It is all epic, and I like it. It is not as "shiny" and does not look as "haughty" as the Field Marshal's Aegis. So I think it suits a low-ranking disciple well.

Drákkar

Back to top Go down

Post by Valestrion Tue 18 Jan - 11:56

The thing I notice most about your application is the emphasis on PvP. We are currently more RP-focused than PvP, so you need to make sure that RP is something you want to get into more. Having said that, we want to build up our PvP skills, so I am sure you would ultimately be a great asset to the Arms Chapter. We are happy to take on new roleplayers and help you with that aspect. Contact an officer in game for an interview, preferably Venji but any other officer if he is not available.

Valestrion

Back to top Go down

Application: Drákkar Empty RP-PvP

Post by Drákkar Tue 18 Jan - 12:14

Yes I know you emphasize roleplaying, and I would probably not have applied if that was the only thing you did. Other than that the guild seems very good and to suit me, I applied because you do both roleplaying and PvP. I also chose the Defias Brotherhood server for that reason, that is is a RP-PvP server, and because it had the highest population of all the RP-PvP servers. I do not want to do PvP only. I want to do roleplaying too. Because I believe it can be a lot of fun, good for developing skills such as language and social skills, and mind-broadening.

Drákkar

Back to top Go down

Post by Valestrion Tue 18 Jan - 12:16

That's good then. I just wanted to make sure you didn't join and find that we weren't what you were expecting.

Valestrion

Back to top Go down

Post by Drákkar Wed 19 Jan - 8:49

I just want to say that I don't have anything against horde players OOC. I have a horde character myself. It is just Drákkar that has a grudge with them. I don't want anyone to get the idea I am a hater or something.

Drákkar

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Wed 19 Jan - 8:55

Hehe, OOCly I think everyone will deem that just fine. ICly there maybe a few with a very "moderate" view towards Horde so be careful though Very Happy
(And no, it's not JP)
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre
Librarian

Back to top Go down

Application: Drákkar Empty "Moderate towards horde"

Post by Drak Wed 19 Jan - 13:17

You must be referring to the horde players that use their alliance alt infiltrators to spy, decieve and demoralize alliance players, while engaging in many other morally questionable and characterizing activities? I am just joking, honestly. Haha. You got some humor yourself, judging by your portrait. Or are you really a believing priest with biggest cross I have ever seen?

Drak

Back to top Go down

Post by Perturbo Wed 19 Jan - 13:47

This can be locked the person is in the guild.
Perturbo
Perturbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Wed 19 Jan - 15:09

No no, not spying alts. Some people have friends among the Horde. People RP'ing that are rare however.

And I didn't -see- no humor...
Application: Drákkar 145px-PopeGlasses

Horrible pun... just horrible.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre
Librarian

Back to top Go down

Application: Drákkar Empty I think I may have been badly misunderstood. So please let me explain a little...

Post by Player Fri 18 Feb - 5:13

...about myself and this not so good background story. First of all, I had no intentions to offend anyone, and I apologize if have. I thought an emotionally darker kind of character with a bit of righteous indignation and animosity would be interesting. But I didn't take writing the background story that seriously or give it that much thought. I didn't think anyone else would either. I realize I should have taken it more seriously and give it more thought, and that I went too far. It was too sad, mad, cruel and brutal for something happening on Azeroth. The actions and words of the criminals were too unjust and unlike the Horde to say that they were even remotely affiliated. I played all Warcraft games and know the Horde and its heroes are as honorable as anyone. I like both factions and play characters of both. I assume everyone else play for both factions as well. Not doing that would be missing good content that Blizzard worked hard on. We play this great game solely for entertainment. Playing against eachother in opposing factions doesn't mean we hate eachother anymore than two friends playing a game of chess.

Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Perturbo Fri 18 Feb - 5:43

You really seem to be mixing In character and out of character opinions and I really can't tell which one you're talking about anymore.....
Perturbo
Perturbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down