The Disciples of Light EU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Helicon's Application

4 posters

Go down

Helicon's Application Empty Helicon's Application

Post by Jordan121 Sat 12 Feb - 13:27

First of all I would like to apologize for not registering with my name, as I registered before reading the template. Sorry!

OOC information

Name: Jordan Johnson

Experience with WoW: I have played WoW for about a year and a half now, I sometimes enjoy reading about lore on Wowwiki but havn't got a lot of knowledge, I have 2 level 85 characters, a Rogue and a Death Knight in a PvP Guild (Scream Aim Fire) On the Blades Edge server. I havn't had much experience in roleplaying.
How did you hear of us?:
Youtube Videos (Which are epic!)

Do you know anyone in the order already?:
I have spoken briefly with Valestrion (I believe thats how it is spelt)

Hobbies:
I love playing games, all types of games, I love Rock/Metal, I also play the guitar Smile

Work/student/other:
Currently I am in highschool, but with the qualifications I have received sofar I have secured myself a spot for game design in september. I will be leaving highschool in around 2 months and after that will have all the game time I want until september then it will be wednesday-sunday (although I will still be on after college on Monday/Tues)
Are you familiar with the Code of Conduct::
Yes I have read it Smile
What can you contribute with in the guild:
I can be a lively, active and fun member to RP with, aswell as (or atleast I hope to be) an ally you would look out for on the field of battle.
Your average online time:
Across all characters I would say around 4-6 hours a day (weekdays) extremley varied at weekends.

IC information

Character Name: Helicon (When noble garden comes around I will hopefully be getting the "the Noble" title)

Character Race: Human

Character Class: Retribution Paladin

Male/Female: Male

Birthplace: Northshire

Age/DoB: 27 years old.

Short Piece of writing [Optional]: Born in a holy place, Helicon, son of the exalted nobleman Uther Archimond, was raised to be a worshipper and servant of the light. He trained in the kings guard from a young age, and was deemed a Paladin, a vanquisher of evil. Helicon is a kind hearted noble, and would help the poor of his estate if times were hard, and although he has everything he could possibley need, he can only be thankful to the light.

(This was a bit rushed and as my character is very new to roleplaying this is what I would image I would like to take on)

Thanks for taking the time to review this application.
Yours Faithfully, Helicon Archimond, Lord of Nyphilis, Paladin of the Light.

Jordan121

Back to top Go down

Helicon's Application Empty Re: Helicon's Application

Post by Venji Sat 12 Feb - 14:12

For a "Newbie" roleplayer this application is formed along the right lines and clearly well thought story line, seek Valestrion or myself IC for a interview, if you would like advice on rp feel free to ask questions and they will be answered. (read the code of conduct for any further info along the rp roles) which you have said you had.
Venji
Venji

Back to top Go down

Post by Perturbo Sat 12 Feb - 14:58

Uther Archimond seems a very odd name, mixing Uther the Lightbringer with Archimonde of the Burning Legion. Also in IC Info, you'd just say Paladin, not retribution paladin. And you don't need to wait for an in game title to establish your IC titles. Not that a title is automatically needed in a new RP character, working your way up is very good too.
Perturbo
Perturbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Valestrion Sat 12 Feb - 15:10

I share Perturbo's concerns regarding surname and father's name. It's usually better to steer clear of lore when choosing such names. Lord is fine as a title as it is hereditary, but it would be interesting to know approximately where your estate is.

Valestrion

Back to top Go down

Helicon's Application Empty Fathers name

Post by Jordan12 Sun 13 Feb - 4:49

Firstly I would like to apologize about the fathers name I have chosen, with that said, I had no idea whatsoever that this was names from the game lore. I had just put together two names that I had thought sound well, and I wanted to be called Helicon Archimond ^^, the "Uther" came from the Merlin Story.

Secondly, as for the estate, I just made that up to go with my storyline, although I would probably find somewhere which is a nice place to call my home, (If thats allowed IDK)

Jordan12

Back to top Go down

Post by Valestrion Sun 13 Feb - 6:02

No need to apologise. We don't expect you to know all the Lore from the start, although you will be tought some of the most important things early on as a Disciple. Uther just happens to be the first Paladin, a person that Disciples revere above all others. The fact that you have thought about your father's name is more of a positive than choosing names that are significant in Lore is a negative. Certainly, not having decided the location of your estate is no big deal. You can give some thought to these things in your early days as a Disciple.

Valestrion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down